Six Ways to Get More Leads From Your WebsiteApril 17, 2019 | Marketing
What if you could make a handful of changes to your website that would help you get more leads without spending a dime? Would you be interested? Well, the good news is that there are several things (six, in fact) that you can do to increase the number of leads you’re getting through your site.
Over the next few weeks, we’re going to cover six things you can do to get better results from your website. This blog post will give you a high-level view while the following posts will go into more detail.
Great looking websites don’t always do a great job of generating leads.
There is a distinct difference between sites that convert leads and those that don’t. The six things we’re about to cover are the key factors that separate websites that look awesome and convert leads from those that don’t.
As we go throughout this series, we will talk a lot about the idea of a story. Story, as we will approach it, is simply a sense-making device that has been used for thousands of years to communicate clearly and effectively which is what we want to do. By eliminating confusion and communicating clearly, your customers and your prospects will easily understand what you do, why it matters to them, and what they need to do next to do business with you.
Here are six ways to get more business from your website:
- Clarify what you do. Within the few first few seconds of being on your website, it is essential for people to grasp what you do, why it matters, and what you want them to do next. This is called the grunt test because it should be easy enough for a caveman to understand.
- Use great images. The right images pull people into the story and help them envision success while using your service or product. Pictures of your building, your trucks, or other nonessential things that don’t make a personal connection with customers will not grow your business.
- Guide your customers. What we mean by this is, you need to make sure that your customer is the hero. When you’re marketing and communicating through storytelling, always make your customer the hero; otherwise, your customers will lose interest. You are the guide in the story, helping the hero (your customer) succeed. Make sure that is clearly communicated in your brand story.
- Prove that you can help. It’s crucial that your website visitors understand that you have the authority to help them. This can be demonstrated through testimonials or other information (usually called a “proof point”) that demonstrates your expertise and enhances your credibility.
- Explain what happens next. Once the stage is set, and your credibility is established, tell your site visitors how to take the next step to do business with you. Outline the steps involved, even if they are apparent so that there are no questions or gaps in your story.
- Ask them to do business with you. This is absolutely essential. It’s very easy not to ask because you don’t want to be pushy. However, the greatest risk is in not asking enough, and not asking clearly.
Implementing any one of these six things can make a difference in the results you see from your website. Implement all of them and watch what happens!! By shifting the focus from your brand to the customer, clearly demonstrating how you can help, and making it clear how to do business with you, people will respond.
Are you ready to dive deeper into these six ideas? Download our free guide: 6 Ways to Get More Leads from Your Website. Let us know what you think!